.

.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire

Salama ianareo!

     Holy sweet baby llamas, is there stuff to talk about this week or
what! Nevertheless I will not forget my manners: the word of the week
is a good one, pay close attention-- dofaka, which means very, crazy
stinky. The accent is on the do, so it sounds pretty funny as well as
has a great meaning haha.

     Okay, so why out of the frying pan and into the fire as the subject
heading this week one might ask? Well, as it ends up, this transfer
(which we got the news about yesterday night via the chain of command)
is a pretty ridiculously crazy one! And that is mostly due to the fact
that we have SIXTEEN new missionaries coming in. SIXTEEN! But in order
to build the suspense of what has happened to me I will tell you that
Elder Mitchell, gets to go to one of the coolest provinces and Elder Jensen, my comp right now,
is going up to whitewash an area as double zone leader
with his MTC friend.Very cool.

     I, however, am still here no surprise
there. But I happen to be one of the new trainers for this massive
wave of new missionaries! So yeah, I am in a little bit of a crazy
state right now, a mixture of excitement and awe and confusion and
kinda like a 'what the heck?!' and a little bit afraid too. It is at
this point that I am very, very glad for all the splits I have been
able to go on in my area, which has given me very good practice at
leading an area. But training??! like whatttt? I was not expecting
this at 2 and a half months in country. But there is comfort, comfort
that wipes away all fears, in the truth that this is the Lords work,
so He isn't going to let some unexperienced kid from Washington go mess
it all up! Whew, thank goodness for that! The Spirit is also quite
mahay (skilled) at all languages, so there is little to worry about
there. I get to find out who my trainee is on Thurs when they all
arrive and are at the office, for now it is a mystery. But this elder
is ready to go out all guns blazing these next 12 weekshere so hold on to your babies everyone! haha several other
elders from my group are training as well, so there are fun times up
ahead.

      That was certainly very exciting news (it is like getting my missioin
call again every time there is transfer) that closed off a rather
rough week for us. The last month or so has been flying along at
lightning speed, with great programs and full days of teaching. This
week was a little humbling reminder to us as both Elder Jensen and I
got hit pretty hard with sickness. Jensen started getting a bad cold
on Monday that ended up putting us in the house the entire day Tues,
by which time I was starting to feel pretty horrible myself (I got a
karate kick in the kibo(stomach)). On Wed we attempted to go out to
work for a couple hours in the late afternoon, but after a very short
amount of time we realized it was completely useless because we both
were feeling like passing out and could not focus at all. I felt like
throwing up the entire time I was sick but just couldn't, even though I
feel it would have helped a huge amount, so I mainly just laid in bed.
Woohoo...? if anything this week has just made me appreciate the times
when I am running on full health. Missionaries get sick amazingly
frequently here in Mada, so I guess I was blessed as well in that I
didn't get sick until now. Oh the excitement!

     This Sunday was our stake conference so
we got to go to the meeting on Sunday. It was great! President and
Sister Adams spoke, as well as an Area Seventy (the same one we met at our
church building several weeks ago!) and several leaders in the
Stake. It was so amazing to see the saints of the Stake gathered
there; to think there are so many dedicated, strong members in a place
like Madagascar! How did these people even get here in the first
place?! cause I thought dancing lemurs and escaped New York zoo
animals were the only ones who lived here...

     All fleas deserve to die. That is all.

     Random story, apaprently there are no C,U,W,or Qs in Malagasy because
there was a king a little while ago who thought they were pointless
because other letters can be used to make the same sounds, so he
commanded that they be removed from the langauge. Interesting huh? I
can see his point I guess!

Mom:
   Hmmm, recipes would be awesome! Especially since Elder Mitchell
will be leaving us, and he is the skilled head cook of the house. Just
simple, good things would be very much appreciated!

The Master Baby Calmer (Dad):
     I love the work you are doing at building solid relationships with the other
faiths, a more than quality endeavor! Truly amazing how little people know about the faith that comes
and bangs on your door while wearing name tags.


     The scripture of the week for y'all vazahas: Mosiah 18:8-10, Almas
teachings on baptism and the covenant we make. Are we willing to do
all that? Mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that need comfort,
and help those who are in need? If so, if that is your desire, then
what is keeping you from getting baptized?? Love it. I feel people
need to understand the importance of the baptismal covenant more fully
sometimes. But it is so straightforward the way Alma teaches that, if
you are willing to do that then your desire is literally a desire for
baptism!

     Well everyone, standing on the edge of some of the craziest weeks of
my life, my one request is that you keep up the prayers! I have felt
them and have truly been supported by them! I know that I will be
praying very hard. Love you all!

Am-pitiavana
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment