So, now down to the fun part! These few days I have been here feel like they have been too packed with awesomness and busyness and craziness and missionaryness that I cannot even fit it in this email. My companion, Elder Christiansen, is a great guy from Las Vegas, we are getting along great I feel. This is the first time EVER that there have been two districts worth of missionaries going to Madagascar, 11 of us (9 elders, 2 sisters)! There are four of us in my room, me, Elder Christiansen, Elder Payne, and Elder Webb. All great guys, so far we have been having a fun time. It's amazing how much fun you can have even while working till you basically drop (or at least it will be that way these up coming weeks when we get even more tired). Still getting used to the missionary schedule, but thus far it has not been too bad, even the ridiculous 6:30 wake up time... I feel it is easy to get going when there are others there struggling along with me! S'all fun.
Now, about the Malagasy.... this is one crazy language! We have been doing a good 9 hours of it daily, so much so that the only thing running through my mind as I fall asleep is qa jumble of Mlagasy. It is spoken so fast with so many similar words with weird emphasies and interesting sounds I have never had to blend before with my mouth... I love it! It is difficult for sure though, there is a long road that lies ahead Our teachers are quite good thankfully.
It is wonderful to have so much time to spend in the scriptures each day (although I have been reading only the French ones, so that is getting confused somewhat with Malagasy in my head).
Hope all is going well with everyone, pass along my love.
Love,
Chance
No comments:
Post a Comment