.

.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Some eritreritra from the MTC (this time Malagasy for real :)

Howdy hey everyone
So, 11 days till departure time!  We do not yet have our flight plans or anything, we are supposedly getting those in a couple days, but the planned day is Monday the 24th. Exciting! Most of the rest of our zone is leaving a week earlier, so it will just be the 13 of us Malagasies and 4 new Greeks (they are all internationals with sweet accents) who arrived yesterday in our zone.
So, I can't say there is much new or interesting occuring here at the MTCW, just keeping on keeping on for the most part, everday realizing we are getting that much closer to actually being in Madagascar! Memorized the First Vision as a district this week, and have been working even harder at packing in the vocab and speaking the language more often. Boy is it hard though, especially when most of the time it is small-talk and such. Our choir sang in a devotional on Tues, kind of as practice for when we do the real deal two sundays from now. I guess you could say is was my first performance on the big-stage (and my second to last as well haha)! It was fun though. Devotionals here are always good.
One of my roommates did manage to flood our bathroom, because he definitely flushed a clogged toilet like a million times to many. So that was pretty funny, except for him because he had to be the one to clean it all up! Learning lessons everday here at Wyview!
Something funny we learned several days ago. It may or may not be a myth. Apparently, many years ago in Madagasca'rs history, there was a period where tae kwon do or karate or something like that was super popular. It was so popular in fact that, purportedly, when a 'military coup' went down in the government the enitre conflict was fought karate style. No guns, no missiles, not rock-paper-scissor, just karate. Just the image in my mind of that happening is hilarious. Anyways, just a funny story. Im really hoping its true...
 
Mom:
I am glad you have been working on your Malagasy and have been noun-ifying verbs left and right! haha I love it, the thoughts from the MTC. Sadly, I am even worse at teaching Malagasy than I am at speaking and understanding it, and of course it would happen that the one time you noun-ified something it would be irregular! (thoughts is just eritreritra, but who even speaks Malagsy and would know the difference right? given my poor instruction, mieritreritrafanana is beautiful. looks malagasy, sounds malagasy, must be malagasy!) For example, using another of my favorite/most used verbs mahatsapa (to feel), noun-ified would be fahatsapana. but hey, A+ for effort from someone who doesn't spend 25 hours a day learning Malagasy like we do here! (oh and yeah, I forgot to mention before, no plural in Malagasy! which is really weird, but makes it easier in some ways.)
 
Dad:
I am so excited for Becca and Annika, they are going to do amazing. From what I hear it sounds like you had a great birthday (hope those rumors are true!), and hope you have a great fathers day coming up here soon. So grateful for the best father east of Australia and west of Samoa! (i think that is the entire world...)
 
anyway I gotta run,
Love everyone!
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment