.

.

Monday, July 29, 2013

First Baptisms and Pictures!

Bonjour to daholo! so, cause I forgot to give you all a totally awesome word last week, I will make it up today with two! how about that deal huh? So, these  ones are funny: midradradradra and migogogogo. yes, those are legit words, and both mean to wail. so there you go


 
The only super duper awesome thing this week was the baptism we had on saturday! which was the best thing ever. Iandry, Marinah, and Elvine all were baptized (our investigators) as well as a recent converts daughter. Elder Jensen baptized Elvine and Marinah, and Serge, Iandrys dad, baptized Iandry. It was incredibly cool and special that Serge baptized Iandry, because he was only recently reactivated after being inactive for many years, and then to see him come all the way to baptizing his son was great. In either Elvine or Marinah I am convinced the next general young womens/relief society president was just baptized! Marinah wants to serve a mission, which I fully support obviously!
 Theo, Jeanne, and their family on the left. Iandry and his mom to the left of me. Marinah right in front of me. Elvine and her son Dalana next to Elder Jensen

Elvine and Dalana. What a cute/funny kid!


                                          Serge, Iandry, mom and little brother.

                                           
                                             Us with Theo's family.


                                            Us with Elvine's family.
 
 
After that baptism our ward needs three more members to qualify for a split apparently, according to our sources, which is sooo bomb! because that puts this country that much closer to getting a temple! ahh I am so excited, this place is so close!! just need to solidify membership and tithing etc in the provinces and then its rockin and rollin.

 
I went on a split Wednesday with an Elder Carrus, who is a fun, super talkative guy. We had a fun time, I went over to his area for the day and night, met super great people (of course, because its mada) and enjoyed being in the dirtiest area  of the dirtiest city that missionaries work in. That is what the APs told me, and if thats true that is crazy, that I am in the dirtiest possible city I could be in! and I thought it was the Woodinville of africa...
 

                                                            
                                               We teach people right here.


                                          Elder Jensen on a bridge.

               
                                   Can you believe this is right in the capital city?


                                                          And this?

 
                               The church/office/mission home. This is where we meet.
 
So this will be a shorter email because I put pictures up! It allows me to add captions and stuff, which is tena tsara be (really very good) hopefully it works and you can see them!

 
Anyway, hope the pics work/you enjoy them. The work is going awesome here, can't complain (even if sometimes maybe I want to... haha) Scripture for the week:1 Nef 22:17. what a promise!

Love y'all!
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment