HOLY COW CONGRATS TO DANI AND ADAM AND LUCY!!! oh my goodness that is beyond amazing! she looks super cute and awesome in the pictures, good work! Tell her she best still be cute in a couple years! Totally the coolest thing ever. So many babies, such little time.
Anyway wow, sounds like exciting stuff is going on at home! and happy birthday here soon to Rachel! May you ever grow younger in spirit! A big mada hug for you.
So here are some pictures from our new house I told you about last week...amazing!
 |
| Our new house...the main room! |
 |
| My bedroom...absolutely ginormous! Below is the balcony from our room and the Mansion! Way nicer than missionaries deserve! |


So this week just completely flew by, mainly due to the fact that I went on two splits this week, both with missionaries from my group at the MTC and both in my area. It was super fun both of those times. It is really a good growth experience to go free style it all day in a language you don't really speak! But they really did go awesome. The first split, on tues, had two amazing lessons. The first was a lesson where we went in just planning to share a short spiritual thought for the most part and little stuff like that with one of our investigators. However, I guess we were suppsed to end up doing something different because we ended up talking to him about the baptismal covenant after he asked a couple of questions about church and then asked him to be baptized! His date is scheduled for nov 2nd. It was a very great experience. Then later in the day we had a lesson with new investigators, cool dudes and gals from the south, and it was the first time I literally felt like I was having a full conversation in Malagasy. It was amazing, definitely have been very blessed to understand and speak on these days without a skilled trainer with me! very blessed.
The other split day was my first real experience actually tracting without Elder Jensen. It too went great. I worked with my awesome friend from the MTC, Elder Roush. For about three hours we went out and contacted, and had some very good conversations with very nice Malagasies about the gospel. Couldn't have asked for more.
Crazy food stories of the week: at an RC house I ate pickled mangoes that had been in a solution of way spicy sakay peppers and onions. It had got to be one of the weirdet explosions of flavor in my mouth ever. They also served a mada version of banana bread that had been baked in banana leaves. it was kinda a slugdy bar of weirdness. yum...?
We had a big movie activity at the church on Saturday that went rather well. We showed the Restoration short video and a couple other short ones in round, so that friends of members and investigators and stuff could come see the church and get somewhat acquainted with our faith. We didn't have as much member help as desired, but we got alot of solid contacts out of it so I called it a success. If anything it definitely sowed some seeds! Also random, an area 70 [regional leader] from South Africa showed up at the church during our activity... so that was cool! We got to show him around, plus it was just cool to meet him.
Went to see lemurs at a place called Ambohimanga-rova today! super fun.
Sorry, this email is a quick and shorter one because I put up tons of pics! Thank you for all the emails though! very much appreciated. I will respond to them when able. Quick spiritual thought for the week: 1 corinthians 1:25-28. The Lord uses the weak to confound the wise and powerful. I certainly feel that everyday, I for sure am the weak! Not sure how much confounding of the wise has been going on, but I definitely am blessed to be serving here in mada. What an experience.
Congrats again to Lucy, Dani; and Adam!!! and happy birthday to Rachel!
Love you all
Elder Fox
Banana spiders....bigger than they appear...not supposed to be dangerous though...?
The guardians daughter found Albi!
A rainbow in Paradise!
Tana, and traffic, and people. Tana!
No comments:
Post a Comment