Bonjour vazaha!
Two weeks til Mother's day, way crazy. I do believe that the plans we have are to get to a cyber as soon as possible Monday morning, so Sunday night for you. I am not sure what time exactly we are planning on. I guess it depends on when the cyber opens, so we will try to figure that out and then will let you know exactly.
Eka is an expression they have in the south for agreement or saying yes, something like that. And sometimes at the beginning of songs the singer will just scream eka. I think Coldplay should look into that.
Not too much to say about this week, just how awesome it was to finally watch General Conference like three decades after everyone else in the universe got to watch it. And thankfully we missionaries always get to go watch the sessions together at the office in English, so we actually get 100% of the talks. There is so much meaning lost in translation, no matter how good the translator is. Plus the awkward pauses they sometimes have make all of us just a tad uncomfortable, as do their French accents... I don't care if you speak French, translator women, just roll your Rs like a Malagasy! sheesh.
So somewhat summarizing what I got out of conference, which was a lot by the way, is basically that we need to have courage. Courage courage courage courage is something we all needed to hear I guess, especially in a such a place as the one we live in nowadays. And the biggest factor that determines our courage, as far as I understood it, is our faith. So I guess we all need to work on our faith as well! I loved it, watching conference as a missionary is about as good, if not better, as drinking chocolate milk while eating cookie dough and watching Bolt. And that, my friends, is pretty amazing huh! A lot of things I learned, and a lot to work on, to say the least. Gotta stand strong no matter what happens.
So there really isn't anything much else to say about this week.... a slow week because so many of our days were taken up by conference and some other things Christiansen and I had to take care of. We got to meet with the Stake President and Pres Adams, which was pretty cool (it's amazing how hard it is to give a report in English, you'd be surprised.)
Oh, Jameson, there is some sister missionary (who I think was just working on La Reunion raha tsy diso) from Bordeaux! super cool I thought, cause I was like 'hey, my brother served there whatttt!' so yeah... hopefully you find that as interesting as I did... or not....
But everything is basically going awesome. Nothing to complain about. Christiansen smells bad. JK. He is still killin it. Eka tompoko.
I absolutely love Moroni 8, as I have probably already told you all, but it is the best. There is nothing people are quite so adamant about here as they are about baptizing little children who have no need to be baptized. And in a very gentle, loving, logical way us missionaries have to destroy any notions in their heads that babies 'need to be baptized lest they go to hell'. And so we do, and Moroni 8 is definitely one of the best tools in doing so. You should all read it. i'ts a lot like Harry Potter except about a million times better.
That is all folks. Sorry, no pictures.
Love
Elder Fox
No comments:
Post a Comment