.

.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Team Beaugossie.... we'd like to think....

Bonjour aby

     It's a pleasure to write to you this fine, sunny day after Easter. What a great holiday, as we get to remember Christ's resurrection and all that He has done for us, and reflect on the things that truly matter in this life. And I'm glad, oh so glad, that the Malagasy know how to celebrate such an event in the most appropriate way possible, by getting as crazy drunk as possible. Oh wait, not. but as for the rest of us I hope it was a great and reverent time! Something especially significant as a missionary, a representative of Christ.
Saying goodbyes....

     A word to explain the week--- mangiky, which essentially means kivy, which means very sad. Because yes, it was a sad week having to leave Ft D. However it was also mahafaly (happy) because I am back here in Tana with Christiansen, so, as mentioned last week, bittersweet (faly sahirana).










Elder Rice started a wall of Rememberance...the Dolphin Slayers remembered.
     But yeah, this is a good area. It is basically one big huge hill and the entire area surrounding the hill, so it is a pretty big area but also involves some good mountain climbing to get to places. It has many a beautiful view of the city, so I will have to take some pictures and send them to you. We are going to be doing a lot of rennovating of the program, because... yeah, just because it needs it. And we are trying to meet the needs of the area and strengthen the branch in effective ways, so there is a little bit of a change of fomba (way/fashion) going on here. It is good. I already have met some awesome investigators and great families, so I am looking forward to my time here. I do, however, have a strange impression (that started when I first got here) that I will not be in this area very long. So we will see. I have never trusted my Fox Senses too much.
 
    There are lots of rich people here in our area, as well as lots of people who are somewhat good at English. It is super weird for me. All the houses are nice and made out of stone, but at the same time it is dirty and noisy again. Back to the same old.

Cool experience;
     On Wednesday, the day I flew up here, I got to be at the airport while the APs and president sent off a group of missionaries who had finished their missions, and then welcomed a new group of two missionaries an hour or two after that. Birth and death. So crazy! A part of me felt like I was one of the old ones that should be going home, and then the other part of me still felt as if I had just barely gotten into country. The truth is that I am still young here in country, I have seen a lot of things here but am still just a little boy, and so I have plenty of time to go.

     HALLELUJAH. there are Antandroy families that we teach in this area. Thank goodness. And speaking of Antandroys E and F and family (from my first area in Tana) are still doing totally awesome.

Mom:
    Being back in Tana=.... ummmm not the best hah but I don't let myself dwell on that too much.
    new area= good (see above) and somewhat similar to the area before.
    We go to church in a different building in a different part of Tana, but not the office.
    Christiansen is doing super well. He has served here in Tana, then Antsirabe, then here in Tana again.
    Expecting to go back to Ft D= YES

     And Elder Fox adds his testimony to the many given before me, and the many that will be given after me-- That Christ died for all of our sins and then, on the thrid day, rose from the grave and conquered death. We, weak mortal people on this earth, could not have done that ourselves. We are not good enough. Only Christ was good enough, and so He did it. It was the single greatest event ever. There is nothing in our lives that brings us true joy, happiness, and peace that is not founded in His atonement and resurrection. This I know.

Love
Elder Fox
 
Pictures from my last P-day in Ft. D.....a tide pool exploration:
 
That string thing is a sea creature...it will slice you up!

Holy rock!


And the Beatles thought they were good.


Jealous?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment