.

.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Jack Johnson at a Job Interview‏

 
 
Hello to all! 

     Malagasy learning for the day-- 'wah' (I have no idea actually how to spell the word, but that is how it is pronounced). It is a word that means like 'as I said' or 'that's what I said'. So basically you just throw wah on the end of whatever you are saying if the people didn't understand or made you repeat yourself.
     Nothing too big or super interesting from this week, a super good week for teaching and everything though. We were able to get a split everyday, so I still spent my entire time in T branch. All the thanks goes to a member from A branch who has helped us almost everyday, therefore he has completely saved us. So grateful for that. T branch just needed some love and attention, but we are now seeing that it can be an area equally productive to that of A branch, another testament to how great the people here in Ft D are. Lots of lessons, lots of Antandroys, lotsss of less active work (which I try to turn into a member present lesson as often as possible, to kill two birds with one stone... probably a bad analogy to use when talking about missionary work though...) and lots of people being prepared for baptism on the 12th. Just lots of little things to say about the week, so what is going to follow is a stream of random things in no sensible order.
 
Some random pictures...a bird in the hand....

The three amigos

 
     So we received two hugeee goonies full of boxes a couple days ago and were super excited, thinking they were books, BiMs, and a bunch of other important stuff (we have been out of BiM for a long time now). But no. What was it you might ask. Boxes upon boxes upon boxes of sacrament cups. Why, just why. We counted them. 88,000 sacrament cups!

      We are teaching these three young girls, the younger sisters of a couple members, and they are about the funniest people ever as well as being the smartest investigators who totally understand everything I teach to them. They put everyone else to shame. Anyway, we may or may not have taught all of them the Harry Potter Puppet Pals 'Snape, Snape, Severus Snape' song. They absolutely love it, and it is without a doubt one of the funniest things in the entire world when they all start singing it. (Antandroys aren't very good at pronouncing Harry Potter names, lets just say that) It will soon take Ft D by storm, Harry Potter puppet pals.

     On Thursday (I think) right before we were going out to run on the beach I stood up off the couch to shake out my legs to get them a little loose when I smashed my foot into this metal weight we had on the ground, almost straight shearing a chunk off of my little pinky toe, it hurt so bad. I bandaged it up and everything for the day, put on shoes, and then we went. But oh my goodness, like every step I took that entire day felt like I was cutting it in half again. So the next day I decided that I just couldn't do that again, it was not good, but that shoe was straight destroying me. So what did I do on Friday? I wore kapa (sandals). And as I'm walking Elder Rice turns to me and says 'you like Jack Johnson going to a job interview.' I thought it very funny. So now me and JJ have a little bit more in common. My toe is doing a lot better, not causing any problems now.

      Sunday was a hard day. It was a little sad too because we had a low attendance and key people and investigators who needed to come didn't come, which is always a little rough on missionaries. Cest la vie. I ended up playing piano for a few songs, blessing the sacrament, saying a prayer in sacrament meeting, and teaching the Gospel Principles class. But hey, for the first time ever I had a Chinese man come to church! (shout out to Jameson and Xiaomei!) He, however, barely speaks any English at all, and doesn't speak Malagasy or French... and I think he mainly is just looking for a place where he can learn English. But still cool, and extremely random.

     And today we just got back from a crazy awesome beach adventure with a bunch of members. I won't even try to describe it. But I did put up tonssss of pictures today, so hopefully you can feel of the awesomeness through the pictures.
 






 
     Shout out to Elder Hein, and his successful surgery! Prayer and fasting really does work, and we are all grateful for good medical care and skilled professionals in America. We will be seeing him shortly.
 

 
     We haven't watched General Conference yet, but hopefully will soon in English, and then on the 26th the branches down here are watching it in Malagasy. I can't wait. 

      The people here are the best. The work here is the best. The place is the best. And President Adams is going to keep me here til May 2015, I can feel it :) never leaving.

     Spiritual thought from this week---
Something I read in the teachings of Joseph Smith book, which is awesome by the way. He taught, 'let everyone ... realize the importance of work, and act as if success depended upon his individual exertion alone.' Enough said. Success does not depended upon our individual exertion alone, but we must work as if it did. If we don't do that then we are not doing enough.

     Well, that is all from this fine and dandy week.Tthere is a transfer coming up this next week, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we get another missionary! If not, then... we will see, that is all.

Love
Elder Fox 
 
Our toilet

Our bedroom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment