.

.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Migigigigy (cool word)

Howdy y'all, hope life is beautiful and the sun is shining and the dolphins are leaping and jumping for joy and the March Madness is as in-sane as it should be. And yes, I put up pics.
Big Rock

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

     As for me, life is beautiful and swell, except my legs are superrr tired and sore from running on the beach in the mornings, something we have started doing down here. What a rough life, right? Wake up in the morning, jog like 5 steps down to the beach barefoot, go for a nice run in warm sand (even though running in sand is the worst thing everrr), watch the waves and fishermen, then go back to the house and finish up our workout. Then we get yogurts delivered straight to our house every morning by A, sometimes with delicious mofo (bread). We are very blessed, it is quite a way to get the day started, and start burning off my huge belly.

     A word for you-- migigigigy. I have never actually heard the word used, so it is absolutely pointless, but sure looks cool and is fun to say. It means to bind tightly so as to not be able to move at all. (vaogigigigy vao nefia naho nitaly ireke i Lamana sy i Lemeola?)

     It was a very good week for us, and thank goodness we were able to work in both areas every day because we had member help. Whew. Granted, our member help does tend to run on Malagasy time, which means they are always late, but I am just thankful for the fact that we weren't only in a trio. Sometimes the member help goes with me in T branch, and sometime with Rakotonjanahary in A branch, while Elder Rice alternates areas he works in. Both areas are progressing well, something we have definitely been seeing in T branch specifically. We have been getting about 16 investigators to church a week and have had an attendance of over 100 the last three weeks, so things are getting going here! It just needed some special attention that's all.
 
     Yesterday one of the members of the mission presidency came down and did some rearranging of the T branch. We got a new counselor in the presidency, a young 23 year old guy who is super diligent and wants to go on a mission, and then the old counselor got moved out and put in as Elders quorum president.
 
     I had to give a talk that Sacrament meeting too, which was on tithing. I talked about how tithing is necessary for temples, and how temples are necessary for salvation, and how therefore tithing is necessary for salvation etc etc. It went well I thought. I kept it simple and straightforward. the only way they will ever get a temple here is if they start paying their tithing! President Jako, the presidency member who was there, spoke about love and knowing Christ. It was good.

  
     The ward council after church started an hour late, which is normal but frustrating. Pres D brought it up and asked for suggestions about what the council should do time wise, like try to move the council to another time in the afternoon, to before church, or what. They were all talking about it for a while, giving different suggestions, when I just told it how it is--- okay, the ward council is scheduled for 12:30, and church should end at 12:00. However, they end church at around 12:20 every single time. I just said 'how about we actually start church on time, end church on time, and then you will have enough time to do all of you interviews and various business before 12:30?' they then proceeded to act like it was the most revelatory statement ever made and that it was brilliant and that they wouldn't have to change the time after all etc etc (I'm exaggerating of course, but true story)........haha....they are working hard, and we are all learning at this point, me definitely included!

     Earlier in the week there was some interesting stuff going on in a neighborhood where a huge number of my investigators are. Apparently there was some sort of strike and there was a fight/argument in the neighborhood, so they temporarily closed off a whole bunch of trails in order to separate two halves of the neighborhood and keep them from fighting or something. Anyways, it was very weird and annoying because it made it nigh impossible to get around anywhere and visit investigators. Thank goodness the Malagasies tend to respect the vazaha that go around teaching the good word of God, so they helped me navigate around all the newly built fences that had been erected. I felt kind of like I was illegally crossing a border, because they always took me through these secret little trails cutting through bushes and through houses and things like that... its a good thing we are popular around these parts. That only lasted a few days though, thank goodness.

     So also on Sunday I taught three Antandroy families back to back to back. So I went a couple hours basically understanding nothing and praying that they understand at least a tenth of the things that left my mouth. I had O as member help, so thankfully he was able to help me haha .
     
     Thanks to Elder Hein for passing the kiss along to mom and dad. long distance works these days.

     Remember, great is the worth of souls. Some are more lost than others. But it is not the whole who need a physician but the sick. They are the ones who need it most.

Love
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment