Hello to everybody
It was pretty rough over the weekend though, I got pretty sick on Saturday in a strange way, that involved being freezingggg cold the entire day (like unusually so, even though it is cold here I shouldn't have been that cold. Like shivering and barely being able to move my body it was so cold) and then we come to the final time and I start to get super warm, which I thought was awesome because I had been so frigid for so long, until I realize that my face was getting like hot hot, straight just burning. But the only reason I am telling you this is that: 1- I am fine, but more importantly: 2- that even when our body and mind basically give up on us the Lord doesn't. Because when we were teaching an investigator that last time they, as usual, asked lots and lots of questions. And their questions are always the type that aren't the easiest to respond to or explain. But even while I was sitting there burning up/ freezing, hardly even able to think at all because my mind felt like it was so destroyed, the Holy Ghost was basically just like 'you, my friend, are going to answer these questions in a more perfect and logical sense than you ever could do by yourself, even when not being sick and having your mind all there.' And then I basically just taught myself-- or correction, the Holy Ghost taught me through my own words... pretty interesting but awesome-- several things that I don't think I even knew before that lesson. It involved my opening up the picture book (you know, the missionary one with all the cool pics that all the little Malagasy children love to look at) and finding the answers right there, the pictures all in order, to explain myself perfectly and logically. It was pretty amazing. Not to mention the perfect scriptures that fell right into my hands at the perfect time, scriptures that I did not even know before. And I only wish I had something to do with, but I did not. If it had been up to my poor sick self all by my lonesome I probably wouldn't have even been able to say 'I dont know the answer' to them in Malagasy. But it is never that way when you are on the right side. And that would be God's side, obviously...
The questions they were asking at that time had a lot to do with agency in God's church and also agency in heaven, and the prosperity of God's church here on earth combined with apostasy. It got pretty intense, so maybe that is why my face was so hot.......
Love
Elder Fox
No comments:
Post a Comment