.

.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Ngaha Efa Lasa Sahady Febroary?!

(Original email sent on March 1st)

     Jeez, where in the world did February go?? Just ridiculous. But yeah, anyway, welcome to March everybody, hope you enjoy your stay. Make the most of it cause it sure seems time is flyin'.

     That is about the biggest news we got going on over here. Well, actually, that's kindof a lie because there is tons of insane stuff going on in the district, (one of the branches in particular. its world war II, madagascar church status, nothing the church in America gives you much experience with. So please pray for Elder Christiansen and Elder Lehr, theyre going to need all the heavenly support they can get!)

     On Thursday we had a zone meeting, which we turned into a nice reflection time for the missionaries to meditate a little bit about their missions and see the blessings and awesome progress that has been made over the course of their service. It is something missionaries do not do enough of at all, but is super eye opening to take a moment to stop and smell the roses and think about the incredible blessings that God has poured out. Just being here in Madagascar is a mindblowing gift! We wrote our reflection kind of as an autobiography of sorts, so of course I told everyone that they have to come up with a name for it. I figured ''Elder Fox- Cinderblock Sliding'' would be an apt name for mine, considering Joseph Smith's is 'rough stone rolling'. It'll be a best seller one day...

     The area continues to move slowly but surely. Just a constant battle, especially since people apparently have no idea what the word of wisdom is, but it builds character! and I feel like we are learning a ton, just as we are trying to take a different angle at things and look for an effective way to balance everything that is going on. We have taken to doing a lot of service for members, which we feel is really helping us bridge the massive gap that exists between us and them. It has already payed off, and we pray that it will continue to do so.

     Our soccer on Saturday went well, a good amount of people showed up for the tourney. Yes, we lost to a bunch of young men, but when its a bunch of out of shape fat missionaries who don't play soccer it's to be expected. I scored a couple in honor of George though, to make sure he was fully honored by my efforts!

     My thoughts from the week-- Keep God's commandments. Please, just do it. Too many households are being blasted to smithereens because they don't understand that one simple principle. Being obedient brings blessings. One of those blessings is true joy and love in a home. Disobedience is the opposite, no matter what it seems like at first glance. I'm gonna assume that you all already understand that principle, I sure hope so, cause you better not make me come over to your house to help you fix the disasters youve created! But then again I'm more than willing to do so, cause I have to ya know... part of the job description I guess (although nobody told me beforehand sheesh!)

Love
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment