.

.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Same Ole Rollercoster Life‏

(Original email sent March 9th)

Hello er'rbody!

     First and foremost, a big shout out ampahibemaso to my older bro Jameson who just turned 30!!!! May his hair ever stay full and dark and his eyes able to see.

     So, beyond that, my only life regret at this point in time is not having taken marriage and family life counseling classes before my mission. Why did you not tell me?!?!? sheesh. It would be so less stressful if I were prepared you guys, thanks alot. Haha but that is basically what this week felt like, like mr. Incredible when he is getting interviewed in the Incredibles and says he feels like a maid that just keeps cleaning up the same mess over and over. Oh how true that is!! However, the good thing is that when it comes to people's eternal salvation it is always a mess worth cleaning up, so  I can't complain. We press on, mop in hand!

     So the APs were/are still down here for splits before our zone conference this Saturday and, as is always the case, when an AP is on a split with you your day cannot go well (that is one of Newtons five laws of physics I think) so of course our Friday program just got blown to shreds, so I will repeat my apology to Elder Payne and hope that he enjoyed the tracting! The silver lining, besides that fact that it built character and bonding to tract for hours together, is that it wasn't actually raining that day but was burning hot and sunny kosa, so I got a way good tan (I haven't been tan at all my entire time here in Antsirabe) so that was pretty interesting haha. We taught a guy from a church where the pray-ers pay money, and the more money you pay the closer to the front you sit and the better the blessings you receive from the apostate priest. The lesson didn't go especially well haha but you gotta find tares before the wheat.

     On Saturday there was a big district activity taking care of some trees that they planted a few years ago. It was fun, except I don't think I ended up being much help... I was distracted talking to some members and our branch president for most of it. my bad...

     Last night we had another great lesson with P and fam, which was great because there wasn't alot of chitchatting and distracting stuff as normal but we came, taught doctrine, he had good questions, they understood well, we left a solid comittment that they will hopefully do, and that was it. Sometimes it is hard to keep the lesson focused with them, but man we need that family so bad! and they are coming, slowly but surely.

Love you all,
Elder Fox
 
Some of these are pics  are after I got flour and water poured on me on my bday (normally its eggs but we didn't have any in the house at the time I guess) 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment