Akory izy io ra!
So I am honestly just sitting here wondering what in the world I'm going to write because I'm pretty certain I have nothing to tell...
So I am honestly just sitting here wondering what in the world I'm going to write because I'm pretty certain I have nothing to tell...
As you may remember, it is a Malagasy tradition to crack an egg on a birthday boys head and then throw flour on him in order to celebrate one year older and wiser too. So yeah anyway, it was Elder Weber's birthday yesterday and Elder Rice's today,...you can imagine the rest...
We had two great lessons with A. this week. He is doing amazingly well. And, as usual, could have practically taught us the entire Plan of Salvation before we even taught it to him, due to the fact that he destroys his reading assignments out of the park every time. He continues to read a chapter in the BiM a day, the missionary lesson pamphlets, and in the Gospel Principles book. He has a baptism date for Nov 8th still, and just as long as we finish the lessons before then and he keeps up his praying and reading he will be well ready by that date.
One of the times we taught A. we brought J. with us, the deaf member in the ward whose hand sign language thing we speak. It was super fun to have him there, J is awesome. If he could speak and understand I'm convinced he would be bishop! We are commencing the very difficult process of teaching him ASL so he will be able to go to the Temple. That is literally his biggest desire, to go to the Temple. To do that he knows that he has to learn ASL, because the sign language he speaks is one he makes up as he goes (which is super fun, because that sometimes means we come across a word he doesn't have in his vocab yet, so we get to create the gesture for it. Gotta get creative with some of those)
Saturday we turned into a quality split day. I went with the Ankadindramamy elders. They are doing well, even though it was a bit of a weird split day because they had a ward party part way through. I absolutely love to see the saints coming together, it is beautiful. Nothing makes me happier than to see that they are doing well and building Zion!
ANNOUNCEMENT. The Madagscar mission is looking for senior couples!! We need them! We have lots that will be going home soon, and need reinforcements! So if you know of anybody in your Stake, Ward, area, country, world, tell them to get down here and get to work! It'd be beginning to middle of next year time frame I think they'd need to start... but I could get more details for those who are ready to throw themselves on the line.
I love the Gospel. I love missionary work. I love the Malagasy people more than all the chocolate milk in the entire world. And yes, I love you too of course. And I love you even more when you get out and help those missionaries in the area you live! Go get em, Zion is waiting.
Love
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment