So, first and foremost, I received the Halloween package! that (pineapple) licorice is beyond delicious. I find that it serves as breakfast, lunch, and dinner most days. It has fruit in it right, so its healthy yeah? Good, I figured that. Building up that Vitamin C!
But what to say, what to say... our lives have been just about as crazy and busy as humanly possible. It has been straight up emergency transfer city over here. You just have to love that Tana airport, in all its hugeness and glory and splendor...comparatively that is haha. In America you'd probably think it was a big bathroom minus the shower and adding a bunch of workers who refuse to accept common sense! As you can tell I LOVE having to argue about baggage or visas or anything with them, it is such a character building experience. So yeah, we have had 4 missionaries go home in the last week and a half. It is a sad thing for sure, but also builds up your resolve to stay in to the very last play and never, ever have to face that plane flight earlier than you're supposed to. To be honest, it makes me never want to go on that plane. They are scary things, like a weird portal to another dimension or something. So we go strong til we drop!!
Besides the craziness of life we had time to teach A. three times last week, all of which were great times. Tuesday night was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. So last Sunday (like a week from yesterday) we taught Andry about how he has to ask God direct and specific questions to receive direct and specific answers. He had been praying and everything but had yet to actually ask God a yes or no question about the truthfulness of the Gospel. So we challenged him to do just that! To ask God if the Book of Mormon is true.
Now we come to Tuesday night at about 7, we come by to teach A. with J, our awesome deaf member friend. We teach a solid overview of the Plan of Salvation and talk alot about the things we have to do here on earth to fulfill that plan in our lives, to achieve our goals. And obviously, we have to pray and find out if its true! He then went off about how he had done what we had asked him to do, pray specifically about the Book of Mormon, and he received an answer. He said a voice whispered to him as he was falling asleep that night that the BOM is true! He knows it was the Spirit, as do we. The spirit filled that room so strongly, and his eyes teared up. (as did mine maybe, but I'd never admit that of course.) If you ask you receive. That is the promise, and it is certainly true. But A. is continuing to prepare well for baptism, he is going to be be well and ready for that 8th of Nov date.
Oh, we began teaching J ASL! (Which also means we began teaching ourselves ASL.) It is a very weird experience to be speaking in English sign language that has been translated into Malagasy, makes your head whirl a tad. It's good for us though, and he knows he must do it, so we are going strong.
I received the gift of the book of Luke in Antandroy (the dialect) from the missionaries in Toliara. As of now it is my favorite material possession I own on this earth. my life is complete. (It comes with a recording all of the chapters on CD too, so you can listen to it.)
Answers to Mom's questions:
I am eating... food. Of many different varieties, that change alot. Malagasy food sometimes, bananas alot, bread, higher quality restaurants alot cause we have a car, things like that. I honestly don't really know, but we always end up eating and never end up too sick! I haven't been sick.
There aren't too many fleas here. I killed one the other day but other than that I haven't been bit. Lots of mosquitos, but no fleas.
Microfiber towels=good. way light, and jsut as effective.
Ecco shoes= AMAZiNG. they are going strong. I think they may last till the millenium.
What would i most enjoy getting from the states... pictures! pictures are always appreciated. But I like just about anything food wise too, tasty morsels are never lost on a missionary.
Things you would need for the mission that aren't on the list... determination and a lot a lot of patience, stress control skills, and emotional stability haha those really are the best things to have. But besides that.... not really anything. The list goes above and beyond.
I would be putting on tons more pics (including the inside of the apartment) but I literally cannot get on skydrive. it says someone else is using it, and I cant figure it out. If you guys could that'd be great! If not it'll just be painful putting pics on emails for the rest of the time... which I would rather not do. I'll maybe put a few on shortly.
Love you all!
Elder Fox
No comments:
Post a Comment