.

.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dat Madagascar Life Baby!‏

So get this,

     A random guy pops up at our church on Sunday. He was baptized a while ago while living here in Tana but then moved out to a random village in the absolute middle of nowhere because of his work. He came here to Tana because he had received the Aaronic priesthood before he left but is now looking to get the Melchezidek. Interesting situation. He even brought his entire family with him, none of whom are members though. So we loaded them all up with a bunch of church learning materials and DVDs (doubt they even have electricity....) and sent them on their way. They say they often have to fix/build bridges to drive from their home to any place that has civilization. Sooo I feel I probably need to visit them every once in a while just to make sure that they are doing well right? Right.

     And that was just yesterday, a day Elder Christiansen said his goodbyes to his favorite people. We taught A again! He got pretty emotional when discussing how he is a unique and special person, spirit, and that God knows him perfectly. It is amazing how there are people living their lives without knowing truths like that, and to those who are prepared it comes as a huge comfort and strength when they learn and pray about that. I thnk it'll be that way with A.

    So, I got another good polisy story for you. I will just give it to you simple without any Elder Fox flare. We walk out to our car the morning of a split. We had parked it on the street. We walk out that morning to drive somewhere to get lunch. There are 60+ Malagasies surrounding our car, complete with polisy and the gendarmes. They were in the process of trying to break in. It ends up they thought the car was stolen or suspicious or something. We had to take it to the polisy birao to check it and talk to the people there. They just took down our names and let us go. We tell them about how they damaged the door and window and left significant scratches and such. They refuse to accept any responsibility. We try to take their names or get any information from them. They refuse to tell us. I talked to the mission office helpers/drivers, two Malagasies, to get them to help. They don't help. They agree completely with the polisy. I managed to hold my tongue. That is the story, briefly stated.
 
    We had H's bap on Saturday! I had the opportunity to baptize him. Elder Christiansen did the confirmation on Sunday. We had a surprisingly good turn out from the Ward as well; Pres and Sister Adams showed up! Now begins the easy part right? just enduring to the end. Piece of cake!
 

A stellar guy!


     And now its transfer week! Elder Weber is going to be my new comp, I will be picking him up tonight. And then the fun begins. I'm way pumped to see Elder Christiansen get his trainee on Thursday, after which he is off  to whitewash an area. DUDE, WE HAVE 17 MISSIONARIES COMIN IN! sooo sweet! opening up 8 new areas ... the mission is changing, big time. 

     Something I emphasized this week -- true conversion is a result of the power of God manifested through the Holy Ghost. I honestly do not care how much research, reading, studying, debating, and questioning a person does if that is the only thing that fuels their conversion. That is not conversion. That is called thinking your smart and basing your faith off of a weak, feeble, human understanding... compared to true conversion. God knows much more than me and you. So why don't we just trust Him a little bit more? A team composed of Einstein, Edison, Confucious, and Plato armed with graphing calculators and a macbook light don't quite have the same firepower as an all-knowing Heavenly Father.

Love

Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment