Whats up everybody!
So, not the best week to ever go down in mission history this week, but hey c est la vie right? In fact, one could say that we got legitimately slayed for like 6 days in a row this week. After all the tender mercies and miracles we have seen over the weeks previous I guess we were ripe for a rough testing period. But we press on!
But beyond that there is not much to tell. Me and Elder Galbreath sometimes just feel like we are trying to raise a herd of rebellious 16 year olds with all the ridiculous stuff that has been going on with both members and investigators and missionaries. Okay people, lets think a little bit! Yes, getting drunk and destroying your house is stupid. Yes, being too afraid of the truth you have begun to learn to even let the missionaries come back and teach you some more is stupid, you are just too afraid to change. And yes, thinking it is cool to be disobedient and waste time and essentially do all you can to be an ineffective missionary is stupid. Just don't. And if you do, fix it real fast.
As if I didn't think alcohol and getting drunk was stupid enough before the mission, Madagascar has taught me to abhor it with a disgust I didnt even know I had the capacity to generate. This week just reminded me of that.
Besides that... I got nothin' for you. The Gosepl is true. Being obedient is worth it. Sometimes life is hard, but you just gotta keep your mind locked on the tender mercies and blessings that come when you aren't looking.
Love
Elder Fox
No comments:
Post a Comment