.

.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Some Cool Lessons...And it is Hot!

Hello dear family,
     As can be discerned from the title of the email today, it is gettin quite toasty here in Mada. They did NOT tell me it would be this hot sheesh, I quit...... (That was a joke)
     So, phrase for yalls: nga mlo fotra, which is Comorrian for I eat coconut bread.Yup, I didnt think you needed vowels in words either, don't worry.
     So anyway, I don't have anything really big or important to share this week, but just a collection of little cool things that have been happening and stuff like that. So I make no attempt to organize any of this, it will be basically a stream of conscience as i remember...
     Some cool lessons we had with investigators this week:
On Wednesday we had an awesome time with T, one of our very diligent investigators who should be baptized soon, and the Stake patriarch, who lives in our area and right next to T. He has helped us before and normally he is somewhat quiet, helps teach but doesn't do anything major in the lessons. This time however he brought down the spiritual fire! The only name I can think for it was like a sermon, something very similar to when the prophet Elias (or Elijah? idk) brought down a pillar or fire from heaven or whatever. It was so powerful and amazing, the spirit was so strong in the lesson. Which is good for T because he just needs to rely on faith and the spirit a little bit more and then he is there!
    We taught our Muslim friend officially for the first time. I didn't do much cause it was in French, and all the French in my head has morphed into Malagasy. But Elder Thia did a good job teaching! haha we just taught him a first [lesson]basically and answered some of his questions. He told us that he wanted to learn from us but didn't want to be converted, and I just laughed and said (all in my head of course) that little does he know, they are the same... so yes, we will gladly teach you mwahaha. And no, we won't do any converting, because thats not what us missionaries do, we never do any converting. We leave that one up to the Holy Ghost. So deal-- we will teach you, and then let Him convert you. Fair?
    C continues to be a winner, wow. Just straight awesome. Already has a stronger testimony than just about anybody we teach, and most members probably. Loves what we taught him about how we baptize in the church and not doing child baptism, and Joseph Smith, and the BiM... so yeah, its always a good day when our last time is with C. Oh and he told us something funny too. When he came to conference he talked with E, who is from the far south. C is from the far north. He told us he literally could not understand her when he talked with her hahah. Just goes to show how different these tribes are.
     We visit a less active and he said something that I thought was a very good way to thnk about the plan of salvation. He said basically we have to make two choices in our existence, and both times they are the exact same. In the preexistence we chose either to follow Satan or Christ. We all have already made that choice correctly. Now, in this life, we have literally the exact same choice, to follow Satan or Christ. If we already made it correctly one time, which we did, we for sure should be able to do it again! We then got him to help us with the next time we taught that day, which I thought was awesome since he is a less active.
     We have one investigator who we had not met with for about a month because many things came up. Because we hadn't met with her in so long and had only taught her  a little bit before then even, we figured that she hadn't really made any progress and had somewhat forgotten about the teachings. But no, when we met with her again just recently, we found that she had already read from the beginning of the BiM to 2 Nef 27... I was impressed at least! Super awesome. By now she is probably in Moroni 5 for all I know. I can never doubt these people, when they truly have desires to learn and come unto Christ they do amazing things!
      So a couple times this week investigators asked us this one really hard question: why are there so many Christian churches in the world now when there weren't before?? Hmmm I just don't know.. oh wait, may I refer you to page 8 in that pamphlet in your hand, and then would you mind reading the section about the Apostazia Lehibe [Great Apostasy]? Misaotra tompoko. It truly is a testament of the truthfulness of this church that we can find the answer to all our questions in its teachings.
 
Mom:
     We had a pretty good turnout from investigators at church yesterday. I am feeling great all around! Such a blessing to be healthy, one sure  needs it to be able to serve.
 
Dad:
    I see Pres Adams quite frequently, probably over once a week. Right now he is off in the provences though.
    Vatsim-Panahy for yall (spiritual thought)
Alma 30:34-- Wow, what a perfect verse for the work of salvation in the kingdom of God here on earth. Those who work in His vineyard don't get money. That is not our joy. Our joy comes from their joy, from the truth, from the things that really matter. That is beyond true, and I feel that every single day here in Mada. And that is why we work.
     Final thing, anyone have any good ideas for team building activities? We are planning a ward activity for the end of Nov about missionary work, the work of salvation, and members and missionaries working together. For part of it we want to use team building exercises/games/activites to illustrate it, so if anyone has some good ideas just holler! You da best.

Love
Elder Fox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment