.

.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Dear, Sweet Home Ward‏

Ry havako,

     Another good week in the ever amazing Madagascar Mission. The work rolls forward, unstoppable no matter human frailties. Such a comforting thought right? Cause no matter how frustrating it is for Him to work with us lazy and not mahay mortals (as elder Holland, says that has gotta be the most annoying thing of all time. I would liken it to us trying to get a blind turtle to help us build a rocket to the moon. sa tsy izay?) He will hasten His work no matter what. I feel we have picked the right team!

     We went out on Thursday and taught a time with President Adams. Soooo awesome! It is a pretty new investigator of ours who is decent at English, so Pres taught in English and A. (investigators name) understood all of it. I would translate for Pres while Christiansen taught in Malagasy, and I tried teaching in English but I'm pretty sure it was just a weird mixture of Engligasy. Teaching in English is hard people, give us a break. But president is such an amazing teacher, everything he taught was so clear and perfect and followed the spirit so well it made me realize just how much I have to learn. and then he went on to challenge him to baptism! dohhhh so sweet!
 
      A. is an amazing investigator too, already my favorite in this area. Loves the Book of Mormon, understands everything, already feels of the truth and wants to be baptized, super smart in general, ridiculously nice and gentle guy, came to church the day after we invited him, and yeah. His bap date is for Nov 8th ish.  

     Sundays have always been good days (obviously) even if they are a little rougher as missionaries, but the fact that our paraosy Anjanahary meets in the same building as Ambohipo makes it that much better. It means I get to see all of my favorite people from my home ward on Sunday... or at least thats how it feels. Anjanahary is my mission ward, where I am serving, but Ambohipo is home sweet home for me. (I'm not sure what that makes the Inglemoor ward though... but Ambohipo seems to have replaced it. You will just have to move here.) and what's more, I got to go on a split in Ampasanimalo! the Ambohipo area split last transfer so I got to go back to the real stomping grounds of my youth. Loved it!

     But hey, we finished a big project. It's a language packet to help missionaries learn Malagasy better. It goes off the assumption of already having gone through the MTC, and therefore doesn't cover the most basic of basics. Just to show some thing else we've been doing.

     Let us all lift where we stand. Let us all understand the gravity of the work we are engaged in. Let us all work till our poor little limbs shake but never let the smile leave our faces. Make it a true smile, not fake. its worth it.

Love
Elder Fox

 

No comments:

Post a Comment