Well,
Not much to say. The work continues to move. Since when has God's work been stopped? Never. The truthfulness of the Book of Mormon has been taken to this farthest corner of the vineyard and is being preached by an incredible regiment of the Lord's missionaries I am blessed to even bump shoulders with. The convincing, blessing, converting, life changing, and mind enlightening power of that book, translated by a young man with less education than people in Madagascar even, that has been attacked ruthlessly for decades yet remains justified by the testimony of the Holy Spirit and millions of God's spirit children on this earth, is undeniable. And how amazing is it that I get to proclaim that book to a people and in a language I barely even knew existed and can now speak and understand just a tad bit, and yet still see the same promise fulfilled that those who read, ponder, and pray about that Bokin'i Mormona will receive a witness of it's truthfulness from Him who created our very beings. Yes, even in Malagasy you can come to know that, just crazy right? But don't take my word on that, that'd be a dumb thing to do let's be honest, but just do it and find out yourself. Then you'll know.
As Jameson says, "and that is just freaking awesome".
Our last zone meeting a week or two ago we closed the meeting with a commitment that was written up on the board-- "I will leave my area having left my testimony to stand as a witness before men, angels, and God Himself". All of the missionaries in the zone signed the board. What does that mean? It means you don't hide what you know to be true I guess. What would be the point of knowing something but not passing it on? That'd be just idiotic, since when has a person discovered a cure for cancer but locked it away in his room so nodody could benefit from it? What if Edison just smashed that first light bulb he made and pretended it never happened? That'd be stupid. So never hide what is true, cause if you do that's stupid. I signed my name and I plan on doing just that. Just replace the "area" with "country" or "mission". Mormons are crazy man, they just do the some of the insanest things I swear. Thank goodness.
Sorry, no cool stories or anything this week. I'll do better this upcoming one.
Elder Fox
No comments:
Post a Comment