.

.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

(Final words)

     I don't know what to put as the subject of this email. I suppose it doesn't matter too much that it have a title, as the things I feel and would like to say cannot be articulated sufficiently by me in language. Maybe the Adamic language will be different, but for now I'm a little rusty at that one. I know I still have this one week left, but I don't intend on cybering much, or at all really except briefly, next Monday, so I guess that this would be what I want to leave as a final testimony and remark as a set apart representative of the Lord Jesus Christ comissioned to serve in the holiest of works here in the incredible country of Madagascar. I will try not to cry openly here in the cyber..... 

     Freely have we received, and so freely do we give. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, centered on His Atonement, is an infinitely priceless gift for us. To those of us who have, we must give. Those who have not, must be given. That is missionary work. I withhold nothing.

     Serving a mission was never about myself, or yourself, or himself. It has, from the days of Adam til now, never been about us as missionaries. It has always been about them. And Him. But never us. I praise my Heavenly Father for that, and I am overfilled with gratitude for the miracles, experiences, blessings, trials, tears, laughter, pain, anguish, growth, and love, above all else love, that I have been able to receive from my Father during these two years. In that testimony, however, I stand not alone. The difficulty of it broke me. It most absolutely broke me, brought me to and well beyond my limits and capacities. And then, from that pathetic rubble, He built me, just has He has the millions who believe and trust in Him. In that testimony I too stand not alone.

     Heavenly Father lives. 

     He is my Father. And yours. 

     And I have a fierce devotion and fierce pride to and in Him. Not in myself, I know far too well of my weaknesses, but a pride in His ultimate knowledge and power and love and personal and unique relationship with each of us. Of all the fathers, He is mine. Of that I have zero doubt.

     And I will not leave Him. The hosts of hell and the devil himself may try to pull me away, and they very well try to, but they fail and will forever fail miserably. 

     I will not leave Him.

Elder Fox

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog since I found out my son was going to Madagascar. What an awesome young man your son is and what a powerful testimony. My son was able to go on splits with him this last week and told me how much he looks up to Elder Fox and what a great missionary he is. He will miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete