.

.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Now We Are Getting Somewhere‏

(Be sure to read the next two posts...all three were posted today...though they came three separate weeks. This is today's email)

Amena brotha!

Our Ward has a new bishop. We had our ward conference yesterday, which was good. Got to hear from the Stake Pres and his counselors, and sustained all the church leaders and our new bishop.
     I was driving the mission bus/van/big thing we call Hank the Tank to go pick up missionaries at the Ambohipo house, which was a mistake because that little road turns into a level 5 whitewater river in the rain. It wasn't raining thankfully, but all the residue was there, which meant mud up the wazoo. Hahaha. An hour and a half later we were finally able to make it out after burning crazy rubber trying to get out of the clutches of the slipperiest road of all of time. It took a full group effort of pushing and fishtailing and eventually having to go in reverse back out because I just couldn't get the torque needed going forward. It was a great bonding experience with Hank though... I would liken driving Hank in Tana to that scene in Starwars when all the good guys are flying spaceships through that little canal type thing on the Death Star to try to fire a shot right through that tiny hole. Driving in America is going to be tee ball.
 
     I received the Christmas package, merci beaucoup! It shall be enjoyed (when the time comes of course. I'll try to refrain until then...)

     Saturday night one of the most epic things of all time happened-- we had a Skype session with ASL speaking missionaries in Washington DC with Fr. J (the deaf member) and Fr. A. in attendance, so that J could learn ASL in a better way. It was so cool. Their two sign languages actually understood each other pretty well, so Elder Weber and I did a little translation for the words and signs that weren't clear. It went very well. Every word we know in real ASL we are forcing him to use, so hopefully over time his entire vocab becomes ASL and then he can go to the Temple. I'm excited for him.

Love
Elder Fox
 
P-day soccer game


Can't get much cuter!


Follow the arrow
 

No comments:

Post a Comment