(First emailed November 10...fell behind on blog)
Woohoo!
A.'s baptism on Saturday was a success, as was his confirmation on Sunday. Just a great guy, probably the most prepared that I have taught my entire mission, he was ready for every teaching we ever taught him. Ahh so good, so good. And then on top of that my first area had a baptism right after ours, and guess who was baptized... one of E's other daughter's, L! I had taught her a little bit when I was there, but she never was very diligent, but under-went a change of heart somewhere along the way and was baptized! So now E, F, and L are all baptized, active, great members.
 |
| With E's daughers |
 |
| A's baptism (in center) |
 |
| Fox, A, Weber, J (deaf member) |
Oh, and at the second baptism, there was a confirmation (I'm not sure why they did it Saturday instead of Sunday but whatever) that was done by T. T is the awesome guy Elder Jensen and I started teaching way back in the 4th century BC and got baptized earlier this year. Well, now he is the executive secretary of the ward, Melchezideka priesthood holder, and did his first confirmation! It is the coolest experience to be able to see the change in peoples lives and the progress they make. God is good.
Wednesday was a great day as I was able to go out to Sabotsy Namehana on a split with Elder Delbar and Peters. Delbar was Elder Thia's trainee. So yes, that makes him my grandson using that funky missionary speech. But Elder Thia got transfered to Reunion so I wasn't able to go on a split with both of them sadly. Anyways, I loved it. it is good to see when missionaries aren't afraid to take what people think to be a hard, unproductive, struggling area (which is what people used to think of Sabotsy Namehana) and turn it around into a successful part of the Lord's vineyard. That is most certainly what they are doing in that Sab Nam area. I love that, because missionaries have no idea what they are talking about when they say you could never get an area going, or its pointless to even try, etc etc, because that is wrong. The Lord sends you to a specific area for a specific purpose, and knowing our Heavenly Father, that purpose is never to squander or waste your time. So whatever He intends will be done, and He always intends to save His children-- therefore, in one way or another He is going to accomplish that through you no matter where you are. So dont EVER say that an area is fruitless (yes, some are still harder than others its true, but attitude is what matters).
So its transfer week!! and things be changing around here....... cause the Mada Mission opened two new zones baby!!!!! wooohooooo!!!! It's growing, it's building, times are changing and Zion is being established!! Doesn't that just make you want to rend your shirt with shouts of joy?! Cause it definitely makes me want to do that... in fact, I may have accidentally already rent my shirt, my bad. It is a good sign of how things progress here in Mada, since there hasn't been a new zone opened here in who-knows-how-long, many many years. His truth is marching on!
No comments:
Post a Comment