Hey, so here are about the only things worth noting this week....
The Malagasy post accidentally delivered a wrong letter to our mission office earlier... and guess who the intended recipient is. Hery Vaovao, the president of Madagascar. Hahah ummm what? I know President Adams sounds pretty official and powerful, but it isn't quite the same as Pres Hery, at least not to me.... anyway,
Then the other pics are of a rat we had in the office. We were chasing it around for a while, but I think the poison finally got to it. We can type in peace now, whew.
We managed to get in a great split day on Wednesday. it was really a good day, as I worked with Elder Johnson and Tiu (in an area which is, cool to note, the dirtiest place in the city. and apparently Tana is the dirtiest city missionaries work in, so that would makes this area the dirtiest of the dirtiest. woo hoo! its pretty gross, no lie) We taught an investigator couple that was really interesting cause they came loaded with tons, like tons, of good questions. No matter how much we tried to keep the lesson more focused and concise we just couldn't, so over an hour and a half later they finally were satisfied for the time being. Talked about resurrection, characteristics of spirits, kingdoms of glory, repentance, and more. Despite not being very on topic it ended up being a very successful time, they just need to come to church. We talked about that too. they were from an area in southern Mada, so it was fun to get to throw some southern dialect in there too, as well as hear it again. Ahhh I miss it haha!
It is absolutely incredible to see the growth of the Lords kingdom here in Mada, it is such a miracle. Just imagining what the future has in store for Madagascar brings a big ole smile to this aged face of mine.
Love
Elder Fox
Shoot, I almost forgot... Thanksgiving! My three things I am thankful for.
1- A Heavenly Father who loves each and everyone of His children and desires that they return to Him. That is an undeniable truth.
2- The power of the Book of Mormon. My teaching would be absolutely nothing if I did not have that testament of Christ to share. It is more powerful than anything man could ever make. Therefore, it is from God but not man. It changes lives in the most incredible of ways, I have seen that on a daily basis.
3- The pioneers. The pioneers I speak of are not the ones that crossed the plains in America however, but rather those who braved and are braving the early days of the church here in Madagascar. I have met hundreds upon hundreds of such pioneers. They have more faith and conversion and strength than I could ever hope to have. They are movers and shakers. They are fighting a hard battle, and for that I am so grateful.
I love you all, and am grateful for all of you. But you already know that.
No comments:
Post a Comment